General Intersex Information/Groups
- Ambiguous Genitalia Support Network- PO Box 313. Clements, CA 95227. A parents' support group. Introduces parents for pen-pal support
- Bodies Like Ours- Bodies Like Ours hopes to positively change the way we think about ourselves and the way society and the medical community view us.
- Hermaphrodite Education and Listening Post- H.E.L.P.(Hermaphrodite Education and Listening Post) is a site available for parents of intersexed children. PO Box 26292 Jacksonville, FL 32226
- Intersex Initiative- Intersex Initiative (IPDX) is a Portland, Oregon based national activist organization working to end the medical abuse of children born with intersex conditions. We also challenge the medical and social erasure of intersex existence through raising the awareness of issues faced by intersex people.
- Intersex Society of South Africa (ISOSA)- PO Box 43282 Woodstock, Capetown 792 SOUTH AFRICA. See a well done series of three articles in the Natal Witness (1, 2, 3) about founder Sally Gross.
- Intersex Support Group International- ISGI (Intersex Support Group International) has been established from the recognition within mainstream Evangelical Christian churches of birth anomalies labeled "Intersex" or "Hermaphrodite.
- Intersex Trust Aotearoa New Zealand- Intersex Trust Aotearoa New Zealand, PO Box 9196 Wellington, New Zealand Tel +6 4 4727386 Fax +6 4 4727387.
- Intersexuella i Sverige (Intersexuals in Sweden)- INIS is a forthcoming organisation for intersex people of Sweden.
Our aim is:
* to function as a support group for intersexuals and their loved ones;
* to give accurate information about different medical conditions that cause intersexualism;
* to influence and change the medical praxis which today mean that children with ambiguous genitals are being withheld information about their medical condition.
INIS strives for ending the shame and the secrecy which surrounds us who are born with ambiguous genitals. It is our hope that we will be a support for each other, and that this site could be a first step to (self)understanding, (self)insight and (self)respect.
- Introduction to Intersexuality and Intersex Activism at Transfeminism.org- Introduction to Intersexuality and Intersex Activism at Transfeminism.org. This web site was established to facilitate communication between intersex and trans people who are feminists and their allies.
- Israeli Intersex Support Group- email: israelorchid AT hotmail DOT com
phone: 972-4-833-1357 (voice mail)
- Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance- Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance have a web page which addresses religious issues in female genital mutilation and intersex genital mutilation.
- Peer Support for Intersexuals (formerly Hijra Nippon)- Peer Support for Intersexuals (formerly Hijra Nippon) is an intersex support group based in Japan. (This site is in Japanese only).
- Survivor Project- A non-profit organization dedicated to addressing the needs of intersex and trans survivors of domestic and sexual violence through caring action, education and expanding access to resources and to opportunities for action.
- United Kingdom Intersex Association (UKIA)- An education, advocacy, campaigning and support organisation which works on behalf of intersexed people.